Salon owners and stylists can get anxious through the summer months while clients are away vacationing, leaving a larger number of empty appointment slots each day. Salon promotions are a great way to help minimize the potential loss of income. Here are some simple yet strategic promotions that work!
1) Tag a Friend to Nominate – ‘Besties Beach Ready’ Instagram Contest: Offer a ‘Friends/Besties’ dual Gift Basket/Skin or Hair Package to win and get Beach Ready! Create a picture worthy display of the prize give-away. Entice your existing clients to @-tag a friend (and the salon) to their photo of your display to Instagram. Your Give-Away Display should be nicely decorated, reflect your salon brand, the contest theme, and clearly present @-tag to enter. This promotion will attract your clients Instagram followers & friends while ‘showing off’ your products and services. Offer a valuable prize(s) that reflect the theme of your contest.
2) Prebooking Incentives – ‘Book a $300 Ballot’: The key is to reward clients for returning quicker. And reward staff for cultivating a pre-booking culture within your salon/spa. Offer clients a contest ballot for pre-booking their next appointment, and an extra one if they pre-book within a certain number of weeks. For example: WIN $300 Services Card or $300 Beauty Bag full of products they choose. Create a colourful display using tissue, gift boxes, beautiful ribbon and other packaging options you can pick up at any packaging store near you.
3) Promote Seasonal Services – “Fun in the Sun Week’: Get your customers in the mood with “Fun in the Sun” week. Play music from the Beach Boys, serve summer drinks and offer savings on seasonal services such as; waxing, spray tanning and pedicures. Offer a BOGO deal on summer hair products. You’ll put fun into going to the salon and help build repeat business.
3) Targeted Facebook/Instagram Story Ads: Story ads are considerably cheaper than news feed ads. Create a story ad (1080 pixels wide x 1920 pixels high) enticing clients to your salon during ‘Fun in the Sun Week’.
But first create a salon audience and geo-targeted ‘look-a-like’ audience in Facebook. Upload your existing client list to FB audiences and create a 1% look-a-like audience from that upload. FB will populate your look-a-like audience with profiles of people who look like your uploaded client list. Basically people who like similar things in their profile page.
Design one ad to speak to your existing clients and another to speak to their friends with a linked landing page on your website that provides more details about ‘Fun in the Sun Week’ that will appear when they swipe up.
*Instagram story ads do not need 10K followers to include a live link.
This is a great tool to target similar people to your existing clients and advertise to those who like what you have to offer them.
5) Summer Package Deal – ‘Summer Prep Package’: Offer a package of summer related services and add a salon service into the mix. Maybe include a brow shaping, spray tan, manicure or pedicure and add a haircut. Give a generous discount on the prices while widening the number of services each client receives. For you, you have booked in services and the client get a great deal!
These promotions will keep your appointment book full and your till flowing during the summer season!