Salon owners and stylists can get anxious through the summer months while clients are away vacationing, leaving a larger number of empty appointment slots each day. Salon promotions are a great way to help minimize the potential loss of income. Here are some simple yet strategic promotions that work!
1) Selfie ‘Insta’ Savings: Create a selfie space in the salon to show off the latest summer trends. Entice your existing clients to upload a selfie of their new summer look with a contest hashtag for a chance to win a savings offer. Your selfie space should be nicely decorated, reflect your salon brand, and clearly present the contest hashtag. This promotion will attract your clients Instagram followers while ‘showing off’ the talent of your staff. Offer a valuable prize such as free haircuts for a year, or substantial gift card.
2) Prebooking Incentives: The key is to reward clients for returning quicker. And reward staff for cultivating a pre-booking culture within your salon/spa. Offer clients a contest ballot for pre-booking their next appointment, and an extra one if they pre-book within a certain number of weeks. For example: WIN $300 Services Card or $300 Beauty Bag full of products they choose. Create a colourful display using tissue, gift boxes, beautiful ribbon and other packaging options you can pick up at any packaging store near you.
3) Targetted Facebook/Instagram Ads: Create a geo-targeted ‘look-a-like’ Facebook audience from your existing client list. Then send them an ad with a NEW client offer. This is a great tool to target similar people to your existing clients and advertise to those who like what you have to offer them.
Create a landing page with a coupon graphic and offer details (ex: valid for NEW clients only), with a call to action: Book Your Appointment TODAY! Make this time sensitive and use amazing images that show off exactly what is being offered.
4) Promote Seasonal Services: Get your customers in the mood with “Fun in the Sun” week. Play music from the Beach Boys, serve summer drinks and offer savings on seasonal services such as; waxing, spray tanning and pedicures. Offer a BOGO deal on summer hair products. You’ll put fun into going to the salon and help build repeat business.GREAT salon promotions allure new clients by 'showing off' your staff's talent via your social media channels! Click To Tweet
5) Summer Package Deal: Offer a package of summer related services and add a salon service into the mix. Maybe include a brow shaping, spray tan, manicure or pedicure and add a haircut. Give a generous discount on the prices while widening the number of services each client receives. For you, you have booked in services and the client get a great deal!
These promotions will keep your appointment book full and your till flowing during the summer season!