Keep your business soaring in 2017!
Post your New Year hair offers throughout December on your social media and other marketing channels to pep up patchy January and February!
Boost your New Year bookings with ‘rejuvenating’ promotions that fit the ‘New Year New You’ Theme. Every year we are obsessed with New Year resolutions to get fit, diet and begin a fresh start. Offer aesthetic treatments and/or hair services that help satisfy New Year resolutions to look younger, slimmer and more attractive. Support your clients’ January self-improvement aspirations with marketing campaigns across your website, blogs, social media and e-news!
Here are a few ideas to consider:
• New Year skin rejuvenating value-added promotions. Example: Book a facial before Valentine’s Day and receive % OFF Skin Care Kit or Make-up.
• Hair ‘detox’ and/or ‘fitness’ treatment promotion. Example: Book two hair treatment appointments before March 1, 2016 and receive 30% OFF a colour service booked in April or May.
• ‘Valentine Body Countdown’ or ‘Beach Body Countdown’ hair removal promotions. Laser, electrolysis or wax removal. Book 3 appointments and save 15%
• January/February salon event for your clients. Team up with a local clothing store and show off the latest hair and fashion trends. Put a swag bag together of samples and insert a redeemable coupon, with an expiration date, for services or products to your salon.
• Beauty maintenance promotions for brows and nails. “Keep those Brows and Nails in Shape Too!” Offer a brows and nails combo package for bookings in January/February.
Marketing is all about REPETITION, REPETITION, REPETITION (…and a Clear Message!)
Use your marketing channels to repeat your offer and increase conversions. Each promotional campaign should have the same creative graphic (create one promotion graphic that will be used on all marketing materials and messages) with call to action and scheduled over several weeks (social media channels) leading up to and through the offer dates.
Use your website, social media channels and email marketing to get your message out in advance to ensure success.
Website: In many cases, your website is your first impression to a new client, and we all know how important a good first impression can be. Create a unique landing page for each promotion with a link to the promotional graphic on your website front page.
Social Media: If you’re not doing this already, you really need to be. Social media pages give salon owners a free (…yes, free!) opportunity to not only promote their business through words, but more importantly visually. Stop just telling potential, new clients why they should start coming to your salon. Show them! (*Link your website page that has the promotion you are offering into your social media promotional post(s) on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest).
Email: Emailing your clients a monthly newsletter is the perfect way for your salon to stay top-of-mind and remind clients to come pay (literally) you a visit. Include a link to the promotion webpage in your newsletter.
Plan your New Year salon marketing now for best results
We’re guessing you’re busy planning the festive frenzy, and thinking about January promotions seems a step too far. But, if like many salons and spas your revenue plummets in January you really need to be marketing hard now.
So get your skates on as time is quickly running out. If you want to grow your hair and beauty business you need to actively market it.
It doesn’t just happen.