With the new social distancing announcement salons, barbershops, spas and independent stylists, barbers & estheticians are for at least the next 14 days in an effort to combat the spread of COVID-19. Many of you are self employed depending on commission based wages and tips to get your bills paid. Likewise salon, barbershop and spa owners depend on clients coming in to keep cash flowing into the business.
We deeply care for you all and wanted to share some cash flow strategies and links to Canadian government websites with financial helps promised by the Prime Minister.
We’ve scoured the web to find all sorts of tips and links that could help your business, no matter the size.
MESSAGING TO CLIENTS
Regarding business closure… social media posts and email to your clients that you are closed and assure everyone who has pre-booked that they will be the first to be booked-in once you’re open. Bring some value to your clients by crafting some ‘how-to’ steps to look after their hair while your closed along with any pick-up or delivery options for retail purchases.
STRATEGIES FOR CASH FLOW & CONNECTING WITH CLIENTS & STAFF
1. Retail Sales & Gift Cards: Offer pick-up or delivery of retail products, and a discount if they purchase a Gift Card to use at a future date. You could even sweeten the deal by assuring clients who purchase a Gift Card that they can pre-book an appointment 2 months from now. *Offset drug store purchases with these offers.
2. Hair Care How-to Videos: Post ‘how-to’ videos to your social media channels that help your clients care for their hair. Include any coloured conditioners (like EVO Fabuloso) to help tone in their colour safely, without resorting to box colour at the drugstore. *Remember drugs stores are going to remain open!!
** Be on the lookout for Redken ONLINE REDKEN EDUCATION.. follow Redken Artist/Educator Jaime Price in Instagram HERE Icon will be posting dates & updates in all our social media channels and groups.
3. Digital Consultations: Host digital consultations via Messenger or Zoom app to provide helps to current clients or as a service to prospective clients. This is a great way to recommend products they can order and pick up.
4. Staff Educational Videos: Now is a great time to share industry related educational videos with staff in preparation for a very busy season once your doors open again.
5. Stay Connected: Icon is working very hard behind the scenes to post all sorts of videos and resources in our Icon Collective Facebook Group. This is a great place to share strategies with each other so we can all get through this supporting each other. Please check in with our Beauty Stores Facebook Group for store updates and announcements.
6. Private Message Icon with links to your LIVE videos: We will share any industry related videos that help others through this crisis into our Facebook Collective Group. We encourage you to do this… it will lift everyone’s spirits.
As a small business owner that has been impacted by the COVID19/Coronavirus in any way, you might be considering government funding support. While details are scarce at the moment there is a lot of insights and help in these links.
Click on the title:
Small Business CA reports that Canada is offering 10% wage subsidy for the next 90 days, along with information on tax deferment and helps for individuals.
We hope these links provide you with the most up to date information to help you through this very trying time. We love and care for you..